RL
Posted By
Rodney_Lyman
May 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m considering purchasing PSE, but I’ve read some things that have me concerned. Does PSE behave like Reader (and other "arrogant" programs), that automatically create those "My" directories when the program is executed?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RR
Raymond Robillard
May 25, 2005
You’ve not mentioned if you’re on Windows or Mac, but I’ll assume you’re on Windows because it’s not a standard behaviour for Mac software.

The Organizer, as far as I know (I’m a Mac user), creates a folder for the pictures you choose to import in it (My Pictures/My Catalog or something alike). Otherwise, I think that if you choose to leave the originals where they are actually, the Organizer will only reference those pictures in its database, it won’t move them. This is based on PSA2 I did use over a year ago.

Ray
CW
Colin Walls
May 25, 2005
What Ray said is mostly correct, except:

The Organizer, as far as I know (I’m a Mac user), creates a folder for the pictures you choose to import in it

This is an option. You have control over whether it does this.
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
May 25, 2005
Just to throw a little more light on the subject. You are free to put your images where ever you like even though it will create some of it’s own folders when you install it.

The Organiser doesn’t contain any images it’s only a clever database which knows where you keep your images. To get the most out it, this means that you shouldn’t really move the folders around outside of the Organiser once you’ve let it find all your images.

That’s not to say you can’t move things around, for instance in Windows Explorer, because the Organiser can reconnect to those images that have moved. I’ve found this to be a little ‘flaky’ though.

Colin
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 25, 2005
PE3 will alter your graphics files associations if you do not pay attention during the install. It will give you the option to select which extensions will be opened by Elements. Unless you want it to be your default viewer for just about everything I strongly suggest that you select only Adobe type files (with the exception of PDF) in the beginning. You can change it later from within the program if you wish.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections