Re: Knock Out (corel) or Mask Pro(extensis)

SC
Posted By
steph c
Oct 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi

i have knockout 2 and tried to follow the tutorials using my own pictures as the image, but im not having very good results

i find it difficult to trace around the image, when as soon as i let go of the pencil, it creates the selection before i am ready – and additionally, i have to have the zoom set to view the whole picture on the screen at once, which makes fine accuracy impossible

i also found that the "auto-outer selection" function simply didnt work, it barely moved the selection line at all which meant that i then had to draw the outer selection as well

the results were much less than perfect – i am very familiar with photoshop and the extract filter is my friend LOL, but i find it a little insensitive

i have heard that knockout 2 is good – the photoshop 7 WOW book swears by it – but i must be doing something wrong – can anyone please help me?

steph ()

"RBB" wrote in message
i am using knockout 2 and is fantastic…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
RBB
Oct 15, 2003
you have to practice much more and learn how to use all the tools, is easy anyway, i did learned and now my selections are perfect, far out much better than any other system

"steph c" escribi
RM
Robin Mcdonald
Oct 17, 2003
I am not trying to be a smarty pants. It might be I am incompetant at using the srynge tool but I do a lot better using Photoshop’s channels to perform delicate extractions than Knockout 2 or the Extract tool. The Extract tool is certainly easy though. I thought Knockout was going to do miracles for me but I find it more frustrating than its worth.

"RBB" wrote in message
you have to practice much more and learn how to use all the tools, is easy anyway, i did learned and now my selections are perfect, far out much better than any other system

"steph c" escribi

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections