Posted By
Murray_Parker
Aug 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here’s one for the team.

Photoshop CS3 Extended installs without error, but I am unable to start it. Every attempt results in the following message in Application Event Log:

Hanging application Photoshop.exe,
version 10.0.0.0,
hang module hungapp,
version 0.0.0.0,
hang address 0x00000000.

Bridge also refuses to start, but I can fix that by applying updates. When Bridge fails to start, NOTHING is ever displayed on screen, and a Bridge.exe is left running, visible in the processes list.

Photoshop not starting is not a firewall or ‘non’ Microsoft service problem. I have tried running with just the Windows firewall, without change in symptom. Likewise, I have tried msconfig selective starts, with nothing running except Flexnet service, without change in symptom.
I am uable to delete preference files, as none are ever created! I am not running an ‘Intellimouse’.

System is ASUS motherboard with 4000+ AM2 processor. RAM = 2 GB Video is ATI 1250.

Any and all assistance greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JJ
John_Joslin
Aug 26, 2007
I am uable to delete preference files, as none are ever created!

This is not strictly true – you may have a corrupt preferences file, even if the program has never run.

Either press Ctrl+Alt+Shift very quickly as you start the program and confirm in the dialog which you must get or, go to Windows Explorer, manually delete the .PSP files in:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3

You will have to have your Folder Options View set to show hidden files and folders to find them.
MP
Murray_Parker
Aug 27, 2007
Thanks John.

I can confirm that no preference file exists.
Yes, Explorer was configured to show hidden files and folders. I also used the ‘attrib’ command line tool, which verified that NO files exist in the directory.

Numerous attempts at Ctrl+Alt+Shift all resulted in exactly the same hang – so I’m picking that what ever is going wrong, is pretty early in the initialization sequence.

Anything else to try?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections