Posted By
Lynn_Huetter
Aug 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi –

Is there a way I can duplicate a layer onto several files with the batch process? When I duplicate a layer, the box comes up and asks for the desitnation and you have to pick out a specific file. That’s why I’m wondering if I can use the batch process to copy the layer and style to a bunch of files. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DR
Danny_Raphael
Aug 24, 2007
Knowing more about your intended final result will help…

Are you trying to do something like apply a logo or watermark (that has a Layer Style) to a bunch of files?

Will you need the ability to fine tune/modify the Layer Style once the process is complete, in other words can you live without being able to open the Layer Style dialog?
LH
Lynn_Huetter
Aug 24, 2007
Hi Danny –
No I will not have to modify the layer. Thanks.
Lynn
DR
Danny_Raphael
Aug 27, 2007
OK… that helps.

Suppose you:
* Open the file with the layer/layer style of interest.
* Image > Duplicate
* Close the original file
* Flatten the duplicate, so the layer style is applied

Now, assume you have a folder of files…

If, via batch, you could open these files and copy/paste the flattened file into each resulting in a two-layer file, then save the two layer file into another folder, would this work for you?

If that’s where you want to go, that’s definitely doable. Details to follow if so.
LH
Lynn_Huetter
Aug 27, 2007
Thanks Danny – I think this will work. I’m actually out of the country right now and won’t be back until Sept 5! I’ll be able to work on it then. Lynn
DR
Danny_Raphael
Aug 27, 2007
OK…glad light at end of tunnel.

I get e-mail alerts when this thread is updated, so keep me posted on how it goes when you get back.

Enjoy your trip in the mean time…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections