Unable to reinstall CS2 after uninstalling (Verification error)

JS
Posted By
Jim_S_Lacy
Aug 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had a problem with CS2(after uninstalling CS3 beta and running CleanScript level 1) and decided to uninstall it and Bridge. When doing so, I made sure to select option which would allow me to reinstall on same computer. Now I find during installation that after entering my serial# I’m asked to verify upgrade. I select CD(already loaded) and get "Setup could not find a qualifying product…"

Why won’t it recognize the CD?

Jim

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Aug 22, 2007
Jim,

This is only a guess, but it sounds to me as if your CS2 installation was also an upgrade…is that true? If so, then it may well be that even though you selected to uninstall it but leave the activation data intact so you could reinstall to the same PC, it is nonetheless still looking for the product from which you are upgrade-qualified. That is, when prompted to verify the upgrade, insert your installation CD for Photoshop CS or earlier. Once the installer validates the CD, replace the CS2 CD and allow installation to continue.

Regards,

Daryl
JS
Jim_S_Lacy
Aug 22, 2007
Yes Daryl, you are absolutely correct. Amazing what the brain can’t retrieve in time of need (and vice-versa)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections