Posted By
Fred_Matsumoto
May 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello All,
I am working in Photoshop Elements 3. When I try to edit my photos (Nikon NEF format) I get limited use of most tools, and a message that says "Elements provides limited support for files with 16 bit color depth." It tells me to go to: Images>Mode>convert and convert to 8 Bit.

Questions: How does this effect the quality of the photo? and Even if I wanted to convert, the Images>mode>convert option is not available to me.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
fred matsumoto

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 24, 2005
Fred,

There has been quite a lot of discussion on NEF. Do a forum search for NEF. Use the search at that the top of the main page rather than the one in this thread in order to search the whole forum.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections