PS
Posted By
paul_siemering
May 17, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
might use the clone stamp, the cropping tool, whatever. then that tool is the cursor forever, or until i select some other tool. Why? how can i make a tool stop when i’,m done with it? what’s worse, i keep getting error messages saying i can’t use the stamp tool because blah blah. Please help.

using emac,os 10.2.8

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 18, 2005
Sorry, but the only way you can get rid of one tool is to select another. Most of us choose something innocuous to "park" on. Lots of people switch to the hand; I’m a Marquee Parker myself. 🙂

At first it made little sense, but after you’ve used the software longer you’ll realize your cursor returns as soon as you move off an image anyway, so there’s truly no reason to need a cursor when you’re working on the image.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 18, 2005
I’m a lasso parker 🙂

Wendy
MR
Mark_Reibman
May 18, 2005
Zoom Tool here.
JC
Jane Carter
May 18, 2005
Zoom for me too, so I dont do any damage.
Jane
BG
Byron Gale
May 18, 2005
wrote
…I’m a Marquee Parker myself. 🙂

I’m with Beth!!
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 18, 2005
I have found that I tend to absent mindedly click with the mouse even when I don’t intend to … so I had to move from the zoom tool as I took me too long to keep correcting it. At least clicking whilst parking on the lasso tool doesn’t do anything 🙂 🙂

Wendy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections