Why is are my slideshow transitions jerky?

DW
Posted By
Dean_W_Walker
May 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I run a 2 year old compaq laptop with PE3.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

O
o3v3tz
May 12, 2005
Suggest that you post both the type of slideshow (Custom or Simple) as well as more system specs. Things like processor speed, whether you have a separate video card, and amount of RAM could be factors in the playback. Also suggest you post your Windows version and if it is a Custom Slideshow your version level of Direct X could be a factor. What transitions are you using?

Barb O
CW
Colin Walls
May 12, 2005
And how are you looking at the slideshow?
Preview of a creation?
Completed WMV file?
PDF file?
Within Organizer using F11?
On a TV/DVD?
PS
Paul_Storey
May 13, 2005
I am also experiencing what looks to be a similar problem…

Using F11 from within organiser the slideshow transitions are very jerky indeed.

I am running PE3 on a Pentium-M 1.8GHz laptop, 512 RAM, 128MB graphics accelerator and WinXP (with service pack 2).
Not sure if transitions can be changed or switched off during this mode but my settings are as default. Oh, and the slideshow music is switched off.
Disk was defragged recently, with plenty of free space and there are no other applications running simultaneously.

Another problem which may be related is that when I ‘preview’ an image (ie double clicking on a photo’s thumbnail in organiser, giving the larger view of the photo) I initially get a pixelated image which takes maybe 2 secs to refresh to a ‘normal’ resolution image.
The photos are 6Mpixel jpeg’s.
ACDSee displays these same images without delay so why can’t an otherwise great application like PE3?

Incidentally one of my friends is also experiencing these same 2 problems and he uses an Athlon 3000 XP with 1Gb of RAM.

This is proving very frustrating so any help is appreciated!
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 13, 2005
Paul,

See my post in your thread.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections