GM
Posted By
George_Mazzone
May 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone tell me how to get the curl effect on a photo? And then "pin" it onto a bulletin board (I have a photo of a bulletin board)
Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JJ
Jim_J
May 7, 2005
George,

Sounds like you’re looking for a quick filter to do this but I don’t know of one. You could manually do this with the pencil tool and some shading but it’s not a simple task if you haven’t done it before.

You could create a template background and apply a filter to the image so that it looks like it’s on "paper"… but I think that is about as close as you could yet.

Part of the problem with something like PSE is that you are limited in what you can do with edges. For example in something like Illustrator you pull small parts of edges and "fold" them over… this is not possible in PSE, so you would need to draw it.

Cheers
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 7, 2005
George,

Check out this thread for a cheats way to do it :

< http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2 832>

Wendy
DH
Dave_Hamer
May 7, 2005
There is a plug in type product from a company called AV Bros that has page curl and also another plug in type that makes puzzle type pieces from a photo.

Here is their website www.avbros.com

Dave
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 8, 2005
And Photoshop CS2 does the page curl (Image / Transform / Warp)… For anyone looking for an incentive to upgrade.. 😉

Ray
TM
Tom Murray 1
May 8, 2005
There is this;
<http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/curled/curled.htm>
You can do this without the pen tool, you just have to mess with it.
B
Bernie
May 9, 2005
I Did the Page Curl in a prevoous Challenge and was asked how I achieved… here is

David G House – 5:49pm Apr 10, 05 PST (#26 of 61)

Wendy,,,,

Not certain how I got the edges… I think that was happenstance… but as for the curl…. I can give that up….. most Tuts I found were all for PS-7 or CS and used a tool that Elements dosen’t have so I challenged myself to see if I could get it… if anyone is interested here is…

1. Dupilcate layer (as if I had to tell ya)

2. Use the Marque Tool and make a rectangle in a corner….

3. Take the Gradient Tool and set to Forground to Transparent…

4. Make your Gradient in the selection (the rectangle you just made)

5. Layer>New>Layer By Cut (this should give you the Gradient Selection only).

6. Move Tool>Image>Transform>Distort. Move the outter corner up towards the middle. (This can be tricky as the grdient may want to fill the selection.. go just slightly off centre)

7. Take the Eraser Tool and set to Very Large (Large enough to just clip the straight edge that need to looked curved). You will notice if you have turned the Org copy off that you have a hole here, just turn the Org back on and make another copy).

8. Now it looks like you have the turned edge but the corner that should not be there is… just use the Lasso Tool select it and Delete)…

that should do it…..

I am sure others hav emany ways of doing this but I think this is the firast time figured out haw to do something that is usually done in CS Or PS-7

david

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections