JA
Posted By
Jo_Abr
May 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
System: MAC G5 OSX Version 10.3.9. I have had to reinstall PE2 twice today.

PE2 was working just fine until a couple of weeks ago, when it just began to stop and go. Today it just stopped functioning on startup. When I click the icon, PE pops up as if it was starting by loading whatever it is that it loads when it first opens up. Then a window opens up advising me it is "updating adobe online components from Adobe.com. Downloading file 1 of 2. NO personal information is being transmitted. File AWEXFiles.exe."
And BAM!, it freezes and I have to force the program to quit, from the Dock, because it won’t respond to any other command — the only thing you see is the whirling pizza. I can’t make it quit from the toolbar — the pizza won’t let me –, nor it won’t quit clicking on cancel on the download window — the pizza won’t let me.

I tried a second time and I got the following message, right in the middle of opening up the program:
"An error occurred while attempting to download a file from the Adobe online web server. The request was not understood by the server.
HTT #400 Bad request."
18:400
What could have gone wrong.
Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
May 6, 2005
I can’t explain what happened or why, but this should fix it:

With Elements closed, delete the /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Web folder.

As soon as it starts the next time, go to Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online and set the frequency with which it checks for updates to Never. There never were any, and there won’t be any now.
JA
Jo_Abr
May 7, 2005
Thank you very much. It worked!

Appreciate it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections