B
Posted By
bob733
May 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to create a label using PE3. I have Word 2003 for Windows and can use its Wordart and label template but I also want to have a picture on the label so just for kicks, I thought I would try PE3.

In Word, I can set up a template and create the document with the template as a guide for borders. For example, I want to use Avery labels 3 1/3 " x 4" (which is Avery nr 8254) labels. They are 6 to a page.

If I try using PE3 for this, how do I set up the same type of template so that as I am typing text, I will know what the label margins are.

Another approach, is just to create one label (text and picture) using PE3 and then save as a Jpg which I subsequently import (6 times (once on each label on the Word 2003 for Windows page))with the correct Avery label template. I personally believe this would be the best. If so, how do I set up the PE3 screen, and text etc so that I can easily enter text and a picture, knowing it will fit into a Word for Windows document.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 6, 2005
Bob,

Of the ways you mention I have found the easiest way is to insert your picture into the first label and resize and position it there to your needs. If the text will vary by label select and copy the picture and paste it into the remaining 5 labels. If the text is the same for all type it in Word in the first label then select both picture and text and copy and paste into the remaining labels.

By far the best method I have found is to use Avery’s free Design Pro Limited software (Win only, I believe). It’s secret is a printer calibration routine that is so precise that I can produce borderless photo business cards on their regular business card stock. Something I could not accomplish in either Word or PE. Again, I copy the picture in PE, paste it into Design Pro and do the sizing, positioning and text there. The software is available here:

<http://www.avery.com/us/software/index.jsp>

They use pop up windows for some navigation. I have to suspend my blocker to get at the software and user’s guide.

Bob
PA
Patti Anderson
May 6, 2005
You can create a Picture Package to do this. See this thread:

Grant Dixon, "Printing Business Cards" #5, 22 Mar 2005 3:40 pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/4>

Patti

Edit: Let’s see if I can link the whole thread:
<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.3bb8f7d9>
B
bob733
May 7, 2005
great looking application and I am trying to use it. I created the text in Design Pro. However, when I saved a picture in PE (tried it twice first as JPG and then as PNG), and brought it into DesingPro, the picture was blotchy, grainy etc., (not as sharp and clear as it was in PE3).

Am I doing something wrong in the "save as" in PE3 or the Import picture in Design Pro?

Thanks again for your help.
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 7, 2005
Bob,

Don’t know anything about Design Pro but see my post in your other thread about resolution. Could be the problem here, too.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections