Posted By
Cath_Sands
May 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
Everytime I start up the application it does a self update then crashes. Is anyone else having this problem? if you know how to fix then let me know.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CS
Cath_Sands
May 6, 2005
Actually I should elaborate that it starts doing the update of two files then crashes. particulary when its just completed a file download by the name:AWEDBFiles4.awe and another one before it which is AWXEDA??something….
CS
Cath_Sands
May 6, 2005
Oh yes, and just now as I have put this post in the darn thing has decided to start working? How annoying is that, after months and months of not working I come in here and complain, and then it starts working again. Argh!
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 6, 2005
Cath …

Isn’t it annoying when it does that 🙂 …

Most of us have turned off the update facility as it has caused so many problems .. just go to Preferences>Adobe Online … and set it for Never. If any updates are released you will hear about it from here anyway … 🙂

Wendy
LB
Lesley_Bunt
May 15, 2005
Hello, new member here 🙂 I’ve just stared having the same problem, but it hangs on startup, so I can’t even get in to change the preferences! Any way around it?

Lesley
LB
Lesley_Bunt
May 15, 2005
Never mind, I just paid a bit more attention to the FAQs and found a solution. Sorry!
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 15, 2005
Lesley …

Glad you managed to solve it … 🙂

Don’t worry about asking questions, we all know what its like when you get stuck with something … so do ask 🙂

Wendy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections