Installation Trouble-Error 112-Please Help!!!!!!!!

ZC
Posted By
Zach_Chelsky
Apr 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I purchsed Adobe photoshop elements 2.0 in a bundle. When I insert the cd into my computer, either my computer goes very slow and the disk is unrecognized, or I can begin the installation process but I wil get an error 112 message, saying that it is unable to decompress and copy all of the program files needed to proceed with installation. The message says to contact Adobe but I cant unless I want ot pay $40!!!!! If anyone could help that would be great.
ZC

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 29, 2005
I found the following when I did a Google search for "error 112". It pertains to troubleshooting a Quicken install, but if you read through the whole thing, I think it might give you some clues about resolving this with the Elements install, too. It’s basically explaining how to clean up and make more room.

————

How do I resolve the following error message when attempting to install Quicken?

\Setup initialization error: Setup is unable to decompress [Error 112]

Possible Cause: This message is usually caused by insufficient available hard disk space.

Answer:

To resolve this issue:

1. From the taskbar in Microsoft® Windows®, right-click Start and choose Explore.
2. In the left pane, right-click the drive where you are installing Quicken (usually Drive C) and choose Properties.
3. If the Free space meets or exceeds the available hard disk space required to install Quicken, click the Disk Cleanup button.
4. Verify that all Temporary [Type] Files checkboxes are selected, click OK, and then click Yes or OK to confirm the deletion.

Note: If you are unable to access the Disk Cleanup utility in an earlier version of Windows, you can also remove temporary files manually:

1. Search for the Temp folder located within the Windows folder.
2. Once located, double-click the Temp folder to open it.
3. Press Ctrl+A to select all files, and then press Ctrl+D.
4. Click Yes or OK to confirm the deletion.
5. If the message persists, install Quicken in safe mode.

Of course I’m a Mac user, so please don’t ask me for any more details! 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections