HB
Posted By
Herb Brown
Apr 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, hoping someone can clear up an area of confusion for me – when sharpening photo’s which is the better process?. I have been using Elements
2.0 Unsharp mask & setting the threshold to around 1, radius to approx 0.7,
& amount variable depending on the subject matter. I have recently been on a short course for digital photography which recommended using (on a background copy layer) Filter/Other/High pass – set to radius of 10, then going to the layer copy/change from Normal to hard light; then adjusting the Opacity to whatever suits (average around 36%).

———————————————————- Keep dancing … no one is watching!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MO
mike.osullivan3
Apr 17, 2005
Herb Brown wrote:
Hi, hoping someone can clear up an area of confusion for me – when sharpening photo’s which is the better process?. I have been using Elements
2.0 Unsharp mask & setting the threshold to around 1, radius to approx 0.7,
& amount variable depending on the subject matter. I have recently been on a short course for digital photography which recommended using (on a background copy layer) Filter/Other/High pass – set to radius of 10, then going to the layer copy/change from Normal to hard light; then adjusting the Opacity to whatever suits (average around 36%).
This is deja vu all over again. "Fred Scuttle" asked the same thing in almost exactlythe same words. These are deep waters indeed!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections