Posted By
Amy Swensen
Mar 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I just loaded Elements 3.0 into my daughters computer and have started to show her how to use it.

A problem came up with "Stacks" After searching for an answer to the problem, I didn’t find any help. I am asking if someone can point me in the right direction.

PROBLEM

On the organizer view, she has about 10 photos with the "stack" icon on them. I right click on one of them and go to stacks to find out what photos are in the stack, only to find all the submenu’s grayed out. So I think there are no photos in the stack or they are all in the stack.

How can I remove the stack icon from the photo?

Thanks for your assistance.

Carl
Huntley, IL

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

I
idoNotWantAny
Apr 1, 2005
Amy Swensen wrote in
news:_gC2e.33752$:

Hi,

I just loaded Elements 3.0 into my daughters computer and have started to show her how to use it.

A problem came up with "Stacks" After searching for an answer to the problem, I didn’t find any help. I am asking if someone can point me in the right direction.

PROBLEM

On the organizer view, she has about 10 photos with the "stack" icon on them. I right click on one of them and go to stacks to find out what photos are in the stack, only to find all the submenu’s grayed out. So I think there are no photos in the stack or they are all in the stack.

How can I remove the stack icon from the photo?

Thanks for your assistance.

Carl
Huntley, IL

Hi Carl;

You probably already tried this, but according to the help manual, you choose "Edit > Stack > Unstack Photos" to unstack them. Also to reveal the photos in the stack, it says "Select a stack and choose Edit > Stack > Reveal Photos in Stack".

This may not help as you say the choices are grayed out. When I tried to stack photos, the choices weren’t grayed out and I could reveal the photos or unstack them. Perhaps if the other photos have been deleted, the graying out process occurs, but I couldn’t replicate the situation.

Brian
C
CarelessThinker
Apr 2, 2005
The problem may be what you are calling stacks. When I checked for stacked photos they are really version sets of edited photos.

When you right click the stacked file you will see the "Stack" part of the menu, which you can’t get to because it is grayed out.

Right below that is the "Version set" part of the menu, when you highlight that section you may find that it say "Reveal Photos in Version Stack". You can go from there.

I found this was the case when I had edited photos PSE3 created Version Stacks of the edited photos. Not a bad feature but you would think the icon wouldn’t look like a stack.

Any way hope this helps.

CT

————–= Posted using GrabIt =—————-
——= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =———
-= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-
AS
Amy Swensen
Apr 5, 2005
CT, the is exactly what is was. Version Sets. I had no idea when you edit a photo, it would create that. Thanks, Carl

CarelessThinker wrote:
The problem may be what you are calling stacks. When I checked for stacked photos they are really version sets of edited photos.

When you right click the stacked file you will see the "Stack" part of the menu, which you can’t get to because it is grayed out.

Right below that is the "Version set" part of the menu, when you highlight that section you may find that it say "Reveal Photos in Version Stack". You can go from there.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections