A
Posted By
AlmightyQueen
Mar 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HELP!!! I have been working so long on this and I am just stuck. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 and I am using a file that my client has forwarded to me and cannot turn off the small caps.

Does anyone know how I can do this? I need to change the font to Edwardian Script and I just keep getting small capitals for the lower case.

Thanks!
Kimberly

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JM
Joseph Meehan
Mar 29, 2005
AlmightyQueen wrote:
HELP!!! I have been working so long on this and I am just stuck. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 and I am using a file that my client has forwarded to me and cannot turn off the small caps.

Does anyone know how I can do this? I need to change the font to Edwardian Script and I just keep getting small capitals for the lower case.

Thanks!
Kimberly

Where does Elements 3.0 come in?

In any case I suggest you take a look at that font with the character map tool and see if it may just use small caps for lower case.

Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It’s Irish Math
A
AlmightyQueen
Mar 30, 2005
After doing some more research on the news groups, I found this topic that I must have missed yesterday. Just tried it and this works!!!

Mar 14 2004, 10:37 am show options

Newsgroups: adobe.photoshop.elements
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 10:32:18 -0800
Local: Sun, Mar 14 2004 10:32 am
Subject: Re: Capital letters
Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

medcon,

Wellllll….that being the case the only thing I could suggest is resetting your preferences. Sometimes the prefs file does strange things. And reinstalling doesn’t necessarily get rid of the file.

To reset, close Elements, then just after you click to reopen it hold down the alt/ctrl/shift keys (pc) and hold them until you get a message asking to reset the preferences, say yes and then proceed with the startup.

See if that helps.

Dick
A
AlmightyQueen
Mar 30, 2005
Elements 3.0 is the home version of Adobe Photoshop. Unfortunately, the map tool for the font does not have an option for small caps. It just has bold, italic, underline and strikethrough.

With a script like Edwardian Script, you do not want your lower case in small caps.

Thanks for your suggests though, I do appreciate it.

Anyone else who may know the answer here???

Thanks!
Kimberly

Where does Elements 3.0 come in?

In any case I suggest you take a look at that font with the
character
map tool and see if it may just use small caps for lower case.

Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It’s Irish Math

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections