B
Posted By
BW
Mar 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PE3 and would like to know if it is possible to make the work area smaller. The grey work area seems to be about 4 times the size of my screen. When I make selections on a picture (particularly for cropping), I have found the when I reach the edge of the picture, the program often runs me way out into the work area. The result is that my picture scrolls most of the way out of sight. I then have to scroll back and fix the selection. I would prefer for the standard work area to only be slightly larger than the picture.

Can I change that anywhere?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TS
Tom Simonds
Mar 29, 2005
"BW" wrote in message
I am using PE3 and would like to know if it is possible to make the work
area smaller. The grey work area seems to be about 4 times the size of my
screen. When I make selections on a picture (particularly for cropping), I
have found the when I reach the edge of the picture, the program often runs
me way out into the work area. The result is that my picture scrolls most
of the way out of sight. I then have to scroll back and fix the selection.
I would prefer for the standard work area to only be slightly larger than
the picture.

I think he’s talking about the tendency of the picture to jump. Work on yer photo in minimized mode instead of maximized mode.
PD
postman delivers
Mar 29, 2005
"BW" wrote in message
I am using PE3 and would like to know if it is possible to make the work area smaller. The grey work area seems to be about 4 times the size of my screen. When I make selections on a picture (particularly for cropping),
I
have found the when I reach the edge of the picture, the program often
runs
me way out into the work area. The result is that my picture scrolls most of the way out of sight. I then have to scroll back and fix the
selection.
I would prefer for the standard work area to only be slightly larger than the picture.

Can I change that anywhere?

Display the navigator, it has a slider to resize your image…

Also in the View menu, you can chose new view and you can work in that dimension with the border around the image.

JR the postman

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections