TJ
Posted By
thomas.jacobs
Feb 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to tilt the top of a picture down. It would be like the bottom edge was fixed and I pulled on the middle of the top edge. The picture would come forward and tilt downward at some angle of choice. If I continued to rotate the top edge down to 90 degrees only the top edge would be visible. Is there a solution in elements?

thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Charley
Feb 23, 2005
Not sure exactly what you are trying to describe, but try experimenting with "free transform" and see if you can create what you are looking for. Hold down the shift key while doing it to maintain the same aspect ratio. If you don’t your aspect ratio can get distorted (maybe you want to do this).

If you are trying tilt the whole photo down and reveal white blank paper behind it you will need to open a new blank white image of the same size and resolution. Then drag your photo onto it so that it becomes a layer on top of the blank white paper. Then select the whole image and begin the free transform. As you move your image with free transform you will then see the white paper behind it.

I frequently use free transform when I want to create a long shadow. I select the object, then make a copy via layer, and then convert this new layer to a black image with brightness and contrast. Then I free transform it to lay it down at whatever angle that I want. If I want the shadow in front I am done except to blur and reduce the opacity to suit. If I want it behind the selection it’s necessary to make another layer copy of the original selection and put this layer copy in front of the shadow layer.

I hope this helps.

Charley

wrote in message
I need to tilt the top of a picture down. It would be like the bottom edge was fixed and I pulled on the middle of the top edge. The picture would come forward and tilt downward at some angle of choice. If I continued to rotate the top edge down to 90 degrees only the top edge would be visible. Is there a solution in elements?

thanks
C
Corey
Feb 24, 2005
This is a snip from Photoshop Help but may apply to Elements too!

a.. To distort freely, press Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac OS), and drag a handle.
a.. To skew, press Ctrl+Shift (Windows) or Command+Shift (Mac OS), and drag a side handle. When positioned over a side handle, the pointer becomes a white arrowhead with a small double arrow .
a.. To skew numerically, enter degrees in the H (horizontal skew) and V (vertical skew) text boxes in the options bar.
a.. To apply perspective, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS), and drag a corner handle. When positioned over a corner handle, the pointer becomes a gray arrowhead .
a.. To change the reference point, click a square on the reference point
locator in the options bar.

Peadge 🙂

wrote in message

thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections