Posted By
alex
Apr 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I just installed Photoshop 7, and when I choose the Line Tool to draw a straight line, it puts a huge arrow on one end. I just want a plain straight line with no arrows… how can I turn this arrow off?

Simple question, but I worked with this for almost an hour trying to get the dang arrow off…

Thanks,

Alex.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

W
wes
Apr 7, 2004
Alex, look at the options bar, find the custom shapes tool (looks like a blob) and pull down the menu there. Unclick the arrow head.

"Alex" wrote in message
Hi all,

I just installed Photoshop 7, and when I choose the Line Tool to draw a straight line, it puts a huge arrow on one end. I just want a plain straight line with no arrows… how can I turn this arrow off?
Simple question, but I worked with this for almost an hour trying to get the dang arrow off…

Thanks,

Alex.
J
JJS
Apr 7, 2004
"Alex" wrote in message
Hi all,

After you select the line shape, look under the main menu bar. The tiny ‘down arrow’ just left of the ‘Weight’ window. Press it. There is where you can uncheck the arrow heads.
T
tom187
Apr 7, 2004
(Alex) wrote:

That is very odd. The default installation does not have arrowheads turned-on.

Almost an hour?! Wow. It took me about 2 minutes to look-up "arrowhead options" in the index of the User Guide and turn to page 150 to read all about it.

That big book you got when you purchased your software has a lot of useful information in it.
——————————-
Tom

Unsolicited advertisements cheerfully ignored.
A
alex
Apr 8, 2004
(Tom Thomas) wrote in message news:…
(Alex) wrote:

That is very odd. The default installation does not have arrowheads turned-on.

Almost an hour?! Wow. It took me about 2 minutes to look-up "arrowhead options" in the index of the User Guide and turn to page 150 to read all about it.

That big book you got when you purchased your software has a lot of useful information in it.

Hi Tom,

I generally use Paint Shop Pro for graphics, but with some limitations in PSP, I decided to start using Photoshop. For whatever reason I missed the dropdown next to the Custom Shape Tool. I also did read-up in the manual and online help, searching for Line Tool and Arrow, but nothing pointed me to this. If I’d know this was technically called a ‘Arrow Head’ then it’d have saved me some time.

Anyway, I did find it eventually, and yes, I’m starting to learn the in’s and out’s of Photoshop. PSP will probably get uninstalled soon 😛

Alex.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections