DotCom
Dec 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
Please help.
I am trying to print out a Black and white photo. It’s set to p print in grayscale but the photo comes out with a slight blue tinge to it. What can I do?
Complete novice here so please explain step by step.
Thank you very much in advance.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

ES
Elliot Stevens
Dec 23, 2004
Problem is with printer. Injets approximate Blacks (if no black) and Grays from mixing colors.

New printers now offer true B&W.
HP offers Gray Ink (HP 59) for some of its printers.
D
DotCom
Dec 23, 2004
ohhhhhhhhh no wonder! Oh Well! Guess I can’t do it then…sighhhhhhhhhh.

"Elliot Stevens" wrote in message
Problem is with printer. Injets approximate Blacks (if no black) and Grays from mixing colors.

New printers now offer true B&W.
HP offers Gray Ink (HP 59) for some of its printers.
C
Corey
Dec 24, 2004
"DotCom" wrote in message
Hello,
Please help.
I am trying to print out a Black and white photo. It’s set to p print in grayscale but the photo comes out with a slight blue tinge to it. What
can
I do?

Does your printer have a separate black ink cartridge? If so, then your printing program may have the option of printing black and white only. If instead, Color was previously selected, it would "make" black by mixing the red green and blue inks.

Peadge 🙂
D
DotCom
Dec 24, 2004
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Thank you so much Peadge!
That worked!

dotcom

"Peadge" wrote in message
Hello,
Please help.
I am trying to print out a Black and white photo. It’s set to p print in grayscale but the photo comes out with a slight blue tinge to it. What
can
I do?

Does your printer have a separate black ink cartridge? If so, then your printing program may have the option of printing black and white only. If instead, Color was previously selected, it would "make" black by mixing the
red green and blue inks.

Peadge 🙂

C
Corey
Dec 24, 2004
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Thank you so much Peadge!
That worked!

dotcom

Does your printer have a separate black ink cartridge? If so, then your printing program may have the option of printing black and white only.
If
instead, Color was previously selected, it would "make" black by mixing the
red green and blue inks.

Peadge 🙂

Awesome!

Peadge 😀

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections