K
Posted By
kenandeva
Oct 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. I want to put a rectangle shape on my canvas and then make it hollow in the middle so it looks like a frame. How do I extract the middle?

Thanks!

Ken

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Collision
Oct 17, 2004
If i understand you correctly, all you need to do is use the rectangular marquee tool to select the part you want to remove, and then hit delete.

Ken wrote:
Hi. I want to put a rectangle shape on my canvas and then make it hollow in the middle so it looks like a frame. How do I extract the middle?

Thanks!

Ken
C
Collision
Oct 17, 2004
If i understand you correctly, all you need to do is use the rectangular marquee tool to select the part you want to remove, and then hit delete.

Ken wrote:

Thanks!

Ken
R
RacerX
Oct 18, 2004
Or do you want to make the center transparent?? If so i beleive you have to make it in something other than a Jpg. like maybe a .png 🙂 cause i think that the default for .jpg is white so if you delet the center it will be white. Then again you can try the make new with the bacground transparent and then just make your frame.

Racer

"Ken" wrote in message

Thanks!

Ken

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections