BM
Posted By
Bill McCaffrey
Sep 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I got my copy of Photoshop with my new Minolta Film Scanner. Photoshop is OK but I cannot get Window XP to communicate with the scanner. I get the Minolta opening screen with the picture of the bird and it tells me it is doing set up but it freezes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
bobnewcomb
Sep 20, 2004
Sounds like a driver problem. Check with Minolta & be sure you have the latest Winxp driver.

"Bill McCaffrey" wrote in message
I got my copy of Photoshop with my new Minolta Film Scanner. Photoshop is OK but I cannot get Window XP to communicate with the scanner. I get the Minolta opening screen with the picture of the bird and it tells me it is doing set up but it freezes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
A
AK
Sep 21, 2004
I have the DiMage III and its critical to follow the power up sequence exactly otherwise it hangs. (I assume your USB port is properly configured).

If your model has the same behavior, you should be doing the following:

1) Make sure that the sliding opening cover is completely closed
2) Turn on the scanner
3) Start the DiMage software
4) Only when the light on the scanner stops blinking can you open the sliding cover and insert items to be scanned.

Hope this helps.

Alan

I got my copy of Photoshop with my new Minolta Film Scanner. Photoshop is
OK
but I cannot get Window XP to communicate with the scanner. I get the Minolta opening screen with the picture of the bird and it tells me it is doing set up but it freezes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
R
Rex
Oct 19, 2004
Did you follow the install instructions exactly as shown in the manual? Did you disable any resident Anti Virus Checking?

If no to any of the above I suggest you remove the program from the computer and re-install.

Also check that the USB cable is connected properly to the Scanner and the computer.
If you are using a HUB try connecting the scanner directly to the computer, not the hub.

Rex

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections