DS
Posted By
Dick_Smith
Aug 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
As a further add to getting the circles concentric, you can go to edit>preferences and set the Grid to 100% with 2 divisions. This will give you two lines bisecting your image are exactly in the middle, that way you can better line up the cirles.

Dick

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

HG
Heinz_G._Gehlhaar
Aug 31, 2004
Thanks Grant, Mark & Dick

I knew I could get an answer.
I was playing around and found that if I pasted the map into my drafting program, it became very easy to draw exact concentric circles.

Heinz
JW
James_W._Walker
Aug 31, 2004
I can make a circular selection, but when I go to the Edit menu, Stroke is dimmed. What do I have to do to be able to stroke a selection?
JW
James_W._Walker
Aug 31, 2004
Never mind. Apparently I need to be in a paint layer rather than a draw layer in order to stroke.
MS
Mark_Sand
Aug 31, 2004
James,
How are you creating the circle? If you use the Elliptical Marquee tool as described in mgs 1 & 2, you should be able to stroke it. If you use the Custom Shape tool or the Ellipse tool (not the marquee tool) then you cannot stroke it directly from that layer. However you can with a few more steps:
1. Ctrl-click the shape layer created by the Custom Shape or Ellipse tool. The circle is now outlined by marching ants.
2. Create a new transparent layer above the shape layer (click the "Create a new layer" icon at the bottom of the Layers palette.
3. With the new layer selected, do the Stroke. This creates the circle which can now be moved and resized.
4. Delete the shape layer from step 1.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections