CS
Posted By
Chuck_Snyder
Aug 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Wendy, another option for gradient maps is to use the Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Gradient Map instead of Image>Adjustments>Gradient Map. This gives you infinite ‘tweaking’ possibilities without making permanent changes to your image. You can also modify/construct the gradient on the fly while using the Gradient Map while on the Gradient Editor screen. Whatever floats your boat!!

Chuck

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 28, 2004
Hi Chuck,

Thats the way I colour Black & White images … I never thought of using it for Sepia toning. Great idea … being able to change it later is much more flexible and a better way of doing it.

Wendy
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Aug 28, 2004
Mark,
I have found this tutorial to be excellent for the subject at hand because it details the steps involved:
< http://graphicssoft.about.com/library/uc/jwoodscontent/Gradi ent_Mapping.pdf> Ken
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Aug 28, 2004
Addendum,
It is not written specifically for Elements, but the concepts are transferrable and enhanced my understanding.
Ken

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections