MK
Posted By
Marcus_Koch
Aug 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS3 extended running under Vista.

I created thumbnails of DVDs including a drop shadow. I started with a larger canvas and a background layer of the page background color. Than I create the drop shadow. Before I save the picture for Web as JPEG I trim the image using the Trim command based on the right bottom pixel color. The resulting image shows just the DVD with the drop shadow. The images is fine! The image is than saved as JPEG. If I insert the image in a web page the image is displayed with a 1 pixel wide white frame around it. It is not the browser. It is also shown in Photoshop, but only in the JPEG file. The white frame is created by the Save for Web command. Does anybody know why this happens and how to avoid it?

So far I found one workaround: After the trim command I need to extend the canvas with 1 pixel for the right and bottom side. Then I need to extend the background. The image shows now 1 pixel on the right and bottom of the pure backgrund color. If I save the image again as JPEG via the Save for Web command the resulting image has no halo. This is just very time consuming. So does anybody as any other ideas?

Marcus

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections