EB
Posted By
E.B._West
Jul 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to open a file using File>Open, PS either just closes (no error message) or I get a "runtime error R6025 pure virtual function call", or I get "can not perform the function due to a program error" (no indication as to what error). It never seems to be the same, but most often PS just shuts down.

So far I have deleted preferences, did a repair with the installation disk, restored to an earlier point, and a complete uninstall, re-install and it continues to come up with the same errors. So far, if I open a photo in Bridge and then ACR it opens in PS just fine. Also, there is no one particular file or folder that causes the problem.

I’m using Win XP Pro on a HP pavailion ZD8000 with 2 gigs of ram and 30 gigs free on the hard drive.

Any suggestions? I’ve searched numerous forums and can’t seem to find this problem.

Thanks,
E.B. West

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EB
E.B._West
Jul 28, 2007
I may have found my own solution. I was reading other forums where someone had a similar problem and tried removing MS Raw viewer. It didn’t work for their problem, but I tried it since nothing else worked. Since I removed the Raw viewer I haven’t had one lock-up or error. So far I think that may be the solution.

Hope it helps someone else.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections