Posted By
meltz
Jul 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
<http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/41421008/>

I was trying to follow the tutorial above but I’m having some problem. In the video, you could see the author imply skew or transform the object just by clicking. How does he do that?

I only know how to transform by dragging the four corners or keying the value. Is that any script install?

Hope someone could help me, Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 27, 2007
If you right-click inside the transform box then choose "Warp", you have almost a free hand in transforming the image.
M
meltz
Jul 27, 2007
I don’t really know how to describe in words, but is shown in the video.

Simply by clicking one point and the image will skew according to the cursor coordinate.
S
stevent
Jul 27, 2007
I haven’t DLed the vid, but holding CTRL down whilst grabbing a corner will just distort that corner; edges will skew.

Play around with the CTRL, ALT and SHIFT buttons (and combinations thereof), they have options for many of the tools in PS.
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Jul 27, 2007
He says something about "Using the combination keys", but he doesn’t say which.
M
meltz
Jul 27, 2007
Thanks, but I have already try the CTRL, ALT and SHIFT key combination before posting for help. =)
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Jul 27, 2007
Just a guess, but maybe he just used a bunch of still screen captures, with just the cursor animated in Flash. The cursor stays that non-standard green round thing, no matter which tool he seems to be using, which makes me think it’s not the "Real" cursor.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections