Verification Error: A qualifingversion of Photoshop was not detected.

AV
Posted By
Al_Vitale
Jul 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had PhotoShop CS2 installed when my drive crashed. I had a new drive installed and when I went to reinstall CS2 I received the subject message. The version of CS2 I purchased was an upgrade. Previously, I had PS version 6. According to the Adobe techs I should install 6 before the upgrade to CS2. When trying to install 6 that is when I get the error.

Can anyone help?

Thank You

Al Vitale

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Jul 26, 2007
Al,

Just install the CS2 upgrade. During the install you are prompted to either type the serial number of version 6, or insert the version 6 disk temporarily in the drive.

There is NO need to install 6 first.

Rob
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 27, 2007
I don’t know if you can type in a serial, but I’m SURE rob’s correct about being able to insert the disk when asked for qualifying media. He’s right. there’s no need to install it. the cs2 install will allow you to pop the cs2 disk out, insert the v6 disk, read it, remove it, pop the cs2 disk back in and continue the installation. <whew!>
BL
Bob Levine
Jul 27, 2007
Beware…there was problem with that verification process when using DVD drives.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 27, 2007
did cs2 come on dvd?
L
LenHewitt
Jul 27, 2007
It’s the drives not the media that Bob’s talking about, Dave
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Jul 27, 2007
there was problem with that verification process when using DVD drives.

It regarded the Photoshop CD as the movie Ocean’s Twelve, and after it played half an hour, it demanded insertion of Ocean’s Eleven!

Rob
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 27, 2007
🙂
DE
david_evanson
Jul 27, 2007
I had that problem with my Premium CS2 upgrade. When I replaced the old PC CS2 would not find the CS CD or Photoshop 7 CD, because the PC only had a DVD drive.

In the end I had to install Photoshop from the CS suit, using the Photoshop 7 CD (also an upgrade) as verification. IÂ’m just relived I didnÂ’t have to go all the way back to Photoshop 4 (the first full version I own).

Dave is correct – you can not just enter the serial number from the previous version, you need the media or still have the previous version installed.
B
Buko
Jul 27, 2007
On a Mac you can make a disk image and mount that so it looks like the CD is in the computer. Can you do this on a PC?
BL
Bob Levine
Jul 27, 2007
They do, Tom. But this was a case where the DVD drives had a problem reading those CDs for verification purposes. If you popped them to install the software it would work fine.

Bob
TG
Tom Glowka
Jul 27, 2007
I thought most DVD drives would also read CD’s.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 28, 2007
It’s the drives not the media that Bob’s talking about, Dave

hmm… i’m pretty sure i used a dvd drive to install my cs2. maybe i had an older version installed though…

Can you do this on a PC?

there are several utils buko. some of em even free! 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections