PLEASE HELP! Event Viewer Application error message for CS3…"Adobe Version Cue CS3….."

B
Posted By
bryangiardinelli
Jul 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Lately my CS3 has not been working. I’ve tried deleting/resetting the settings via alt+ctrl+shift method, reinstalling, restarting, all that stuff. Whenever I try doing something in CS3, whatever I did does not show up right away. Nothing happens on the screen at all, untill I perform an action; than whatever I had previously done shows up…

I checked my error log, and theres a few hundred erors that were posted simultaniously when I used CS3 extended last. Here is the log:

The description for Event ID ( 3 ) in Source ( Adobe Version Cue CS3 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: AssetServicesCS3, class vcfoundation::base::VCIllegalState: IVCPipeServer already closed
Trace: (null).

Please help!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
bryangiardinelli
Jul 24, 2007
bump….

anyone? please. I did not waste my money on something that does not work. Please help!
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 24, 2007
I presume you got a confirmation dialog when you did the Alt + Ctrl + Shift method. If not, the preferences were not reset and would have been unaltered by un-installing and re-installing the application. The files can also be physically deleted from C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Adobe Photoshop CS3 Settings.

Have you got Version Cue enabled in Edit > Preferences > File Handling? You could try disabling it since it is mentioned in the event description.

Failing that you could try the thorough cleaning* after un-installing that was necessary after the removal of the public beta version and then try a clean install.

* described here:
< http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 401492&sliceId=2>
B
bryangiardinelli
Jul 24, 2007
Well, I tried all of that and it still does not work. Any other ideas?? I feel like I’m about to cry.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 24, 2007
That’s all I could think of, short of reformatting the HDD and starting from scratch.

I suppose you could try something like Registry Mechanic first.
B
bruxist
Jul 26, 2007
The appl error you posted seems to be linked to VC.
Do you need Version Cue CS3? Are you using it?
If not try temporarily removing it from your PC along with Photoshop (use the unistall feature on the installation DVD), then reload Photoshop CS3 only.
Worth a try..
B
bruxist
Aug 6, 2007
Thought I’d add this url from a site called CreativeTechs.com which I just came across: < http://www.creativetechs.com/iq/dont_install_version_cue_unl ess_you_use_it.html> It may be of interest to those who are struggling with VC3.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections