B
Posted By
bryangiardinelli
Jul 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok this is an odd problem that I have not been able find a resolution to, and I’ve spent a few days searching. Up untill recently, my CS3 extended worked just fine. But suddenly the Undo/Step backward stopped working normally. What happens is when I do step backwards, it looks as though nothing has happened. Whatever it is I wanted undone was still on the screen as though I hadnt pressed undo at all. Well, the second I click down on the image and start drawing, whatever it is I undid disapears finally…

I dont know if I’m explaining this very well, but I hope someone out there knows what I’m talking about. I’ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling, deleting prefrences, going into the documents & settings/user/application dada/adobe/blablabla and deleting the prefrences there, and nothing has worked.

PLEASE! Someone tell me whats going on!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 22, 2007
reset your preferences per the faq.
B
bryangiardinelli
Jul 22, 2007
Read the post again, please. I tried that. And I highly doubt its my laptop, as I have 512mb gfx card(2×256 in sli), 4 gigs ram, and an AMD 64bit 2.4ghz processor.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 22, 2007
You don’t mention the OS.

CS3 is only certified for 32-bit editions.
B
bryangiardinelli
Jul 22, 2007
It has been working flawlessly as of just a day or two ago, though.
B
bryangiardinelli
Jul 22, 2007
Could it have been a button I pressed? Is that part of the history brush? Is there actually a setting that I might have accidentally enabled?
DM
Don_McCahill
Jul 23, 2007
Could it be a driver issue. If it only appears to change on screen after you do something else, perhaps a redraw is not happening. Did you change anything to do with the screen (video drivers, or perhaps install a new piece of software)?
B
bryangiardinelli
Jul 23, 2007
Nope, I sure didnt. Is CS3 using DirectX, or OpenGL, or another form of drawing? If so, is there a way to change which it is using?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections