Posted By
ShayGaghe
Jul 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi ,

want to design all the vector shapes in illustrator , export/save it to photoshop, open the file than in photoshop and have all the pathes presented as shapes ;ayers , is that possible?

all what i tried lead to resterization.

Thanks
S

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 14, 2007
Did you try File>Place? You should get the choice of importing as Paths, or a Shape Layer. Unfortunately you will may have to make the path into a Vector Mask.

Depending on the version this should be easy or not.
S
ShayGaghe
Jul 14, 2007
im using cs2. it MUST be somewhere ! 🙂 try to imigin doing blend of 50 shapes in photoshop 🙂 . actually i know that i can use drageing or pasting but i want to keep the original x/y position , and i thought this is the only way to go
B
Bernie
Jul 15, 2007
Is there a reason you can’t copy from AI and Paste as Shape Layer in PS?
S
ShayGaghe
Jul 15, 2007
yaa…i want to preseve the x/y position.
BD
Brett Dalton
Jul 15, 2007
When you say Blend you will need to rasterize the objects eventually so I’m assuming you just want the object in their relative positions but different layers.

It’s a pain in the butt but I used this to export tga with transperencies from illustrator (couldn’t find a way with transperencty from within illy, anyone knows how let me know).

In Illy, hide all layers except 1, save the file (no need to close it). open the file in PS and rasterise it, make sure that crop to art box is selected as this will be the same for all layers. Also ensure that you set the DPI to the desired res. Then in illy hide that layer and show the next, save, open in photoshop…. This will give you your objects (rasterised) separated on different layers. Not ideal but it will work.

BRETT
S
ShayGaghe
Jul 15, 2007
just thought i can keep all pathes in illustrator , export it as psd , have maximum editability on , and all pathes will be presented as Shapes Layers in photoshop.

maybe in CS3 is working lke this , i dont know , anyway that a cool thing to have but its not in here yet 🙂
B
Bernie
Jul 15, 2007
yaa…i want to preseve the x/y position.

Workaround:

Paste as Paths from Ai to PS, then select individual shapes and copy paste into various shape layers within PS

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections