BB
Posted By
Bruce_Bain
Jul 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The memory indication in CS 3 shows 509MB available, however the indicator in CS 2 shows 697MB available, and the machine actually has 768MB of RAM. Does anyone know why CS 3 shows less than CS 2 and less than the available amount.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

I
ID._Awe
Jul 13, 2007
Need OS info.
BL
Bob Levine
Jul 13, 2007
The real question is how he’s even getting the program to run with only 768 megs.

Can’t be Vista so it has to be XP but it must crawl.

Bob
TG
Tom Glowka
Jul 13, 2007
Bruce

I think they’re trying to tell you that adding more memory would be a good investment. And, it’s fairly inexpensive.
BD
Brett Dalton
Jul 15, 2007
CS3 loads more into memory (takes more space) so there will be less available for it to use for data. It may also have somthing to do with the allocate memory setting in the options pallet.

BTW I did have a system running the beta of CS3 on 512mb.. it worked, sort of…

BRETT
DM
Don_McCahill
Jul 15, 2007
What Brett said. Plus, the reason both numbers are less than 768 is that your operating system is chewing up the rest. (You will be astonished at how much faster you can get PS to work with another meg or two of RAM).
BB
Bruce_Bain
Jul 20, 2007
Thanks for replys – I thought that memory available was an indication of how much ram was actually installed

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections