Tom_Shaw
Jul 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Afternoon all.

I’m pulling my hair out here, which given I shave my head is rather difficult 🙂

When I try to print out an image using a printer profile all the white areas get printed a shade of grey. The rest of the colour look OK…it’s just the white isn’t white anymore. I know this question has been asked before but none of the advice that was offered in those posts fixes the problem for me 🙁

I have created a profile for my Epson R200 using a CIS system and some ink from MIS and for now am trying to profile laser copier plain paper. I’m on Photoshop CS3, a GretagMacbeth EyeOne UV Cut and ProfileMaker v5

After creating the profile…enabling it in Photoshop and disabling colour management in my printer driver the soft proof in CS3 is a pretty accurate version of what gets printed…including the gray whites.

I have tried pretty much every setting I can get my hands on and all the different rendering intents.

Using a profile from Epson, the SPR200 ColourLife Paper for example does not give this problem, even tho the whites are slightly blue/cyan coloured so I’m resigned to the fact that it must be my profile that’s the problem. The trouble is what could I possibly do differently? It’s not like there are a hundred different ways of measuring a TC9.18 target in ProfileMaker…you just measure it and that’s it.

I’ve uploaded the profile, measurement data and reference file that I’ve been having problems with to <http://www.zerofiveone.com/testprofile.zip>

If someone could take a look at it for me and perhaps give me an idea of where I’m going wrong I would appreciate it. I don’t recall having these problems with CS2 and I have successfully created profiles before.

I wouldn’t ask for help if I wasn’t really at the point of giving up, so Id really appreciate any help that can be offered.

Cheers,
Tom

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections