Vista, PS CS3 and crash as soon as I do anything at all.

SD
Posted By
Star_Dogg
Jul 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,

As mentioned, I have Vista Premium, CS3, and once I open PS and then do *anything* once, be it use a paintbrush once, any other tool, etc, all I hear after that is the windows ding sound any time I click anything in PS. I need to kill its process. The X button wont even work anymore.

I have read about having Intellipoint drivers installed, however I have not installed any extra mouse drivers. I’m just using a logitech ifeel mouse with the default Vista drivers, which work fine for everything except PS.

I’m also not even sure it’s a mouse issue, I’m just tossing that in for additional info.

Anyone else have this issue and/or know of a fix? I’m completely stuck at the moment, not being able to do anything at all.

Huge thanks in advance for any help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SD
Star_Dogg
Jul 13, 2007
Anyone?
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 13, 2007
have you reset the preferences (per instructions in the faq?)
SD
Star_Dogg
Jul 15, 2007
Hi Dave

I just did so per your recommendation to no effect. I deleted the prefs (CTRL+ALT+SHIFT on startup), and then I just opened up the Edit|Preferences dialog, didn’t make any changes, closed it, and then any time after that, when I mouse click on the PS window (anywhere) I just get a Windows Ding sound, and the app is not responsive. I have to kill its process.

Very frustrating
SD
Star_Dogg
Jul 20, 2007
Bump

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections