How do I save as an older version of Photoshop?

AT
Posted By
Allison_Tenn
Jul 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use CS2 but need to send a PSD file to someone who uses version 6. Is it possible to save it as a Photoshop 6 file? I know it’s possible to do this in Illustrator, but I did not see the option anywhere in PS. I have the maximize compatibility option on, but she cannot open the file…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 10, 2007
save it with maximum compatibility turned on. be aware that if you used any features that came out since version 6, they’ll likely open a flattened version of the file.
AT
Allison_Tenn
Jul 10, 2007
It is turned on, but she can’t open it at all.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 10, 2007
flatten it and save as tif?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 10, 2007
It might be getting messed up in transit. Try zipping it and sending the zip file.
B
Buko
Jul 10, 2007
Photoshop 6 was a sucky version. It had many problems. One of these problems is It can’t open some of the newer version files. Try saving as a TIFF or if you own an earlier version like PS7 open and resave using that.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections