B
Posted By
benwinton
Jul 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just upgraded from Photoshop CS to Photoshop CS3.

First thing I noticed was that when I enter text and then hit the ENTER key, the text that normally would appear on a new line completely disappears.

Someone else posted and reported this same problem, but the solutions listed seem vague and possibly not applicable to CS3.

So, then I tried creating a text bounding box. Got the box set up. But, now when I try to type text into that box, nothing appears. Nothing at all.

Also, after entering a couple of characters or more, and after hitting the ENTER key, Photoshop just freezes up on me. I have to use Task Manager and forcibly close the program and reopen it.

Is there a solution to all this? I am still having to use CS whenever I need to add and modify type, for now.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 9, 2007
Try resetting the Type Tool from the Character Palette

<http://imageshack.us>

If that doesn’t help reset the Photoshop preferences as explained in the forum FAQ.
B
benwinton
Jul 9, 2007
Thanks. Those two items seemed to have fixed the problem.

CS3 seems to exhibit a lot of instability. For example, the problem resurfaced after I finished working on my type layer and closed the file. When I reopened the file to do some more work on the type layer, the old behavior resurfaced again.

So, I had to stop everything, reset the type tool, then delete my preferences settings again, before I could continue working.

I sure hope Adobe is able to stabilize this product.

In the meantime, I think I will roll back to CS.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections