P
Posted By
ph0to
Jul 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi I’m creating a brochure, containing photos and other elements at 300dpi print resolution. I have a problem aligning various elements perfectly. I have guides set up and snap to guides enabled. I can move the photos to the line and they look aligned, but when I zoom right in there will be an overlap a pixel wide and no matter how I nudge things I can never get it alligned. Some other elements I have no problem with. What can I do get it alligned properly? My concern is that this will be noticable once I get the brochure printed professionaly. Thanks for any help on this.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TG
Tom Glowka
Jul 6, 2007
Straight from the Help file on align:

Align objects on different layers using the alignment commands.

Make sure nothing is currently selected by choosing Select > Deselect. In the Layers palette, select the layer to which you want all the other layers to align. Without deselecting the first layer, click the column just left of each layer you want to align. Photoshop links these layers with the selected layer and displays the link icon in the column next to the layers.
Choose Layer > Align Linked and one of the following options: Top Edges to align the tops of the linked layers to the top of the selected layer Vertical Centers to align the vertical centers of the linked layers to the vertical center of the selected layer
Bottom Edges to align the bottoms of the linked layers to the bottom of the selected layer Left Edges to align the left edges of the linked layers to the left edge of the selected layer Horizontal Centers to align the horizontal centers of the linked layers to the horizontal center of the selected layer
Right Edges to align the right edges of the linked layers to the right edge of the selected layer
DM
Don_McCahill
Jul 7, 2007
My concern is that this will be noticable once I get the brochure printed professionally.

If you are printing commercially, then you will have 200 to 300 ppi resolution. The eye will not be able to detect things misaligned by a single pixel at that resolution.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 7, 2007
When you "zoom in" to check, make sure you do so at 100%. Any other acreen magnification will not display accutately.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections