TM
Posted By
Tom_Manion
Jul 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
cs2 Shift and Ctrl click do not select multiple layers as they are supposed to. i have deleted all my psp preference files, to no avail.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 2, 2007
Works fine here. Are you clicking in the blank area near the wording? It doesn’t select when you click the actual thumbnail.
TM
Tom_Manion
Jul 3, 2007
have clicked all the areas: white area, text area, thumbnail area. it is not working properly. it works fine on one of my machines but not the new installation on another (both registered copoes). the ctrl click keystrock loads a selection rather than selecting another layer, so i think it is some sort of invisible setting, but i have no clue.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 3, 2007
ctrl click keystrock loads a selection

That happens when Ctrl-clicking the Thumnail image itself.

Time for that three fingered salute again methinks!

I know you’ve said you’ve already done it, but often folks don’t quite get it right. Reset the Preferences file by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Shift whilst loading Photoshop. If you don’t get a dialogue box asking if you wish to delete the settings, you didn’t hit it in time or you hit it too soon.
I
ironethel
Jul 20, 2007
Apparently the Control + click on the layer doesnt work the way it used to in the previous versions. I have tried looking up the preferences and blogs.. but i am not able to get back the settings. since im already used to ctrl+ click option ..my workflow is gettign hindered… can some help ? thanks..
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 20, 2007
ironethel,

As others have mentioned, Ctrl-click on the thumbnail to get a selection.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 20, 2007
Tom,

You may want to simply Shift-click one the layers unless you want active selections, which Ctrl-clicking will do. I think you’ve mixed two different things.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections