Does Anybody Else Print on a Kinko’s Copy Machine?

IA
Posted By
i_am_jim
Jul 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Periodically I have to print 11×17 posters on a Kinko’s color copy machine. I’ve never come up with a way to get the colors right. They swear to me they calibrate the printers every morning. I get there soon afterward but the colors are never right. I have to makes trips back and forth home to tweak it until it’s right and then print them. If more are called for later I have to do all this again, because they won’t be the same when I come back.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 2, 2007
The only way to get it absolutely right would be if you could get hold of a copy of their profile. That said, most printers these days approximate sRGB, so make sure you convert to that profile before saving the version of your file for printing.
SK
Scott_Koblich
Jul 2, 2007
Kinko’s uses the Konika BizHubPro c500. We have had one of these for over a year now and the consistancy of color is poor. Whether its calibrated or if you are using a particular profile. That’s just been my experience.
B
Bernie
Jul 2, 2007
That’s just been my experience.

Same here.

I’ve seen colour copiers go off-calibration on a run of 50 copies. While others are amazingly stable.

I would try another provider until you find someone with a decent machine.
IA
i_am_jim
Jul 3, 2007
On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:54:50 -0700,
wrote:

Kinko’s uses the Konika BizHubPro c500.

Last time I did this our local Kinko’s was using a Xerox color copier.

Several years ago a local copy shop had a Tektronics Phaser color laser printer that was absolutely grand for making these posters. The colors were spot on and completely consistent. I could return a month later and get the same great color. Since Xerox bought this line of printers I never see them locally anymore.
IA
i_am_jim
Jul 3, 2007
Does anyone have a way to print 11×17 color prints with good color in quantities of 100 for $3 each or less?
SK
Scott_Koblich
Jul 3, 2007
According to our Konica sales reps (about 2 years ago), when FedEx took over Kinko’s they bought the BizHub Pro for all there shops(at the ones here on the East coast.

I do remember Kinko’s having the Xerox Docucolor 12 machines though prior to that.
IA
i_am_jim
Jul 3, 2007
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 05:21:29 -0700,
wrote:

I do remember Kinko’s having the Xerox Docucolor 12 machines though prior to that.

That’s it. That’s the machine they had when I last did this, but that’s been less than a year ago and I thought the buy out was longer ago than that.
SK
Scott_Koblich
Jul 3, 2007
Beats me. The salesman was probably full of crap. I can however verify that our local Kinko’s does have the Konica now.

I never used the Doc12 so I can’t say how well those work, but, prior to the Konica we had a Xerox Doc40 and the consistancy of color output was poor as well!
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jul 3, 2007
i_am_jim, www.ezprints.com prints single 11x14s for $3.45; not sure about their quantity discounts, but it’s likely to be close if not in your range.
H
Ho
Jul 5, 2007
I was dragged out of the house by my wife the other day, and while killing some time I stopped by a Kinko’s to have a file on my USB key output so I could proofread it. I didn’t care about the color and didn’t pay any attention to the machine they used. The colors were very good, however. The doc was a CMYK PDF with an embedded sheetfeed profile.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections