CK
Posted By
carrie_knoff
Jun 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Oh-NO!!!! After browsing the pattern menus, I wanted to get back to the pattern samples I created in the pattern palette and so I clicked ‘reset patterns’ because they were in with ‘artist surfaces’ which is the default and it took me back to the default patterns and I lost all my own patterns for all my website graphics:( 🙁 🙁 I can’t find them anywhere. Is there any way to retrieve them? I feel sick about this!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 28, 2007
Were they Saved with their own names? You need to Save things when you create them.
CK
carrie_knoff
Jun 28, 2007
When I used the ‘define pattern’cue it had me give the pattern a name, I thought that meant it was saved with a name. Is there any way I can recover these?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 28, 2007
It’s a little confusing, but no, he naming dialog doesn’t Save. It preserves them in the Patterns .psp, but that was probably overwritten when you reset to defaults. I have a feeling they are lost (unless your whole computer is periodically backed up or some such thing).

To Save you should save sets from the Preset Manager.

EDIT: You could search by the names or look for them in the Preset Manager to make sure.
CK
carrie_knoff
Jun 28, 2007
Thank you for your help…not what I wanted to hear, but at least I can stop frantically searching my system files now and get to work trying to remake the lost patterns.

Is there a way to take an image that has been changed to .GIF and put it back to .psp? Dumb question…nevermind.

Thank you,again, I do appreciate your help!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections