MA
Posted By
Mark_Allen
Jun 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The colours when using Diffuse Glow are really out. Instead of a nice soft glow with lovely warm RED tones, I’m presented with harsh MAGENTA/PURPLE tones. I’ve been using Photoshop for 10 years and have NEVER seen a shift like this. And yes, I have adjusted my Colour Settings.

Is Photoshop CS3 just a step too far this time?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

S
stevent
Jun 22, 2007
I don’t get any red tones with diffuse glow. It should be just a tinting of the colour already present.
MA
Mark_Allen
Jun 22, 2007
I don’t get any red tones with diffuse glow. It should be just a tinting of the colour already present.

Exactly, it shouldn’t change any colour at all.
FN
Fred_Nirque
Jun 22, 2007
You have reset the foreground/background colours in the toolbox to the default black/white, of course?
MA
Mark_Allen
Jun 22, 2007
You have reset the foreground/background colours in the toolbox to the default black/white, of course?

Yes! Fred, the detail in the image is still the same, it’s the colour tone change. It shouldn’t happen.

Here’s the samples: <http://www.marieallen.co.uk/cs1_afterglow.jpg> <http://www.marieallen.co.uk/cs3_afterglow.jpg>

The cs1 image is close to the original but when you open the image in cs3 it looks the same. It’s only when you put glow on in cs3 this happens.

If you hit Ctrl>N whilst viewing this to open another window, you can open the 2 images in 2 windows to compare them.
S
stevent
Jun 22, 2007
Have you tried resetting your preferences as per the FAQ?
MA
Mark_Allen
Jun 22, 2007
Have you tried resetting your preferences as per the FAQ?

Steve, I’ve only just installed CS3 demo so there really aren’t any preferences. The only things I’ve done are Colour settings which all I did was change to advanced mode and suppress the warnings to covert to the workspace.

When I brought the image into CS3 it looked the same. It’s only when I applied the glow. I think Adobe has broke it.

Steve, why don’t you try the samples yourself and see what happens, then let me know.
FN
Fred_Nirque
Jun 22, 2007
Works exactly the same with CS3 as with CS2 on that image here……
C
chrisjbirchall
Jun 23, 2007
I’ve only just installed CS3 demo so there really aren’t any preferences

Preferences files are created as soon as you run Photoshop. Resetting the Prefs as detailed in the FAQs is recommended as a first step in problem solving because of the strange problems which occur when they become corrupted.
MA
Mark_Allen
Jun 23, 2007
I know what you’re saying Chris but it was on start-up for the 1st time. This was the 1st image we looked at immediately AFTER installation. PSCS3 had only been started when we worked on that image, although Fred says it’s OK. You wouldn’t try it yourself with the CS1 image to see what happens?
MA
Mark_Allen
Jul 21, 2007
Trip
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 22, 2007
Hi Mark.

Since you’ve made the "trip" back here, can you tell us how you got on with the Diffuse Glow problem last month? 😉

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections