E
Posted By
eggshell
Mar 26, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi , I’m using CS4 on 10.5.6 and my NTFS drives are not visible in the Preferences panel ( performance tab ) , only my HFS+ ones . Both NFS+ and NTFS are read/write capable ( using Paragon’s Ntfs for mac 7 )
I thought if the system could see and manage them , so should PS Any tips ?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Mar 26, 2009
Adobe applications want to see drives formatted as "Macintosh HFS+ Extended (Journaled)" and NOT case sensitive.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Mar 26, 2009
Even with MacFuse or Paragon’s tool, the read/write speed is not ideal for scratch. There is a performance hit to running read/write NTFS on Mac.

A journaled HFS drive is not needed for scratch and may be less efficient than a non-journaled drive.
E
eggshell
Mar 26, 2009
Paragon pretends that with the last version of their soft the ntfs speeds are close to the hfs ones , never really tested that statement though .

"A journaled HFS drive is not needed for scratch and may be less efficient than a non-journaled drive" – could you develop please ?
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 26, 2009
Journaling means that anything the drive does is first being logged in a separate area and only then will the drive do what it’s been told to do. This improves reliability but who cares about that in a scratch disk? It’s not like without it the drive will go kaput within 5 minutes

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections