SA
Posted By
Sam_A_Sharpe
Mar 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open multiple images in CS4, it does not "stack" the images like it did in CS. This stacking is critical to my workflow. Can I make CS4 do this, and how is it done? Thanks, Sam

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 16, 2009
Turn off the tabs in preferences.
SA
Sam_A_Sharpe
Mar 16, 2009
I am actually working in Ps4, not CS4. Sorry. There is nothing simple to me when it comes to computers. I looked for the "Tabs" button in Preferences, and I could not find it. Please help me out by telling me where it is. Again, I am working in Ps4. Thanks,Sam
R
Ram
Mar 16, 2009
I am actually working in Ps4, not CS4. Sorry.

Photoshop 4? Or Photoshop Elements 4?

If the latter, you should post in the Photoshop Elements forum.

If the former, a lot more details are needed before anyone can help.

CLICK HERE <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9> for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!
SA
Sam_A_Sharpe
Mar 16, 2009
It is PhotoShop 4. I don’t know enough about it to even describe what I really need to describe. All I want to do is to be able to open Images in a "stack" format like I did in CS. I AM REALLY NOT COMPUTER SAVVY, SO THIS IS REALLY HARD FOR ME. If this is not an easy fix,I need a phone number to call, because I am desperate to get this done because I can’t work in the current format the way it opens multiple images. I have looked in the other places that were suggested, and have found nothing to help me. I need someone to help walk me through it if at all possible. Thanks,
Sam
R
Ram
Mar 16, 2009
Sam,

You never clicked on that link I gave you in #3, did you? That would tell you what kind of information is needed.

Your post doesn’t quite make sense: if you were using CS (Photoshop 8_) how and why did you go back to Photoshop 4? Photoshop 4 doesn’t even run in OS X.

This is a user-to-user forum. There are no phone communications nor emails here. Please come back to the forum to look for replies.

Email responses or phone communications would defeat the purpose of the forum, which is for everybody to benefit from all questions and answers, not just the original poster.

We are all users just like you, just trying to help each other out.
R
Ram
Mar 16, 2009
My hunch is that you are indeed using the latest version of Photoshop, which is Photoshop 11.0.1 (also known as Photoshop "CS4").

If that is the case just go to Photoshop menu > Preferences > Interface > Panels & Documents > UNCHECK the box labeled "Open Documents as Tabs".
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 16, 2009
Photoshop v.4 is a VERY old program — some 10 years older than CS (which is itself now outdated by about four years — we are now using CS4) so there is no way that you will be able to use Photoshop 4 to do what a modern version of Photoshop can do.

Also, there is no longer any Adobe Technical Support for such an old program.
SA
Sam_A_Sharpe
Mar 16, 2009
It is the latest PhotoShop…….the one in the blue box. It came installed on my New Imac that I got last week from MACMALL. Everyone that I know is calling it Ps4……which makes on sense to me. All I know is that it is the latest version to be out. I am version OS X 10.5.6, It is called Adobe PhotoShop CS4 version 11.0 I clicked on the link that you gave, but I really could not make any sense of it. You have to remember, I came from a generation that built tree houses and doug holes for me……computers are not my favorite things. Is what am I wanting the program to do even making any sense to you? I just want to open images like it does in CS. Thanks,
Sam
R
Ram
Mar 16, 2009
Then you do have Photoshop CS4, not "Photoshop 4".

Just follow my instructions in #6,

Go to the Photoshop menu > Preferences > Interface > Panels & Documents > UNCHECK the box labeled "Open Documents as Tabs".
R
Ram
Mar 16, 2009
Those are the same instructions Chris gave you in post #1.
R
Ram
Mar 16, 2009
Don’t forget to update Photoshop to 11.0.1. It’s a free update.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 16, 2009
So it IS CS4 and NOT Photoshop v.4!

If it came pre-installed, you may only have the Free Trial version which is good for 30 days.

This a very complex and sophisticated application, and you are going to need considerable help in learning to use it, so I strongly recommend that you buy Adobe’s Photoshop CS4 Classroom in a Book".

To turn off CS4’s Tabs feature, you need to open Photoshop’s Preferences (Command K) and uncheck that feature.
SA
Sam_A_Sharpe
Mar 16, 2009
PERFECT!!!!
It works just the way I want it to. Thanks for all of your help!!!Sam
R
Ram
Mar 16, 2009
🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections