J
Posted By
jaz2
Aug 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do you use the cloning tool? I seem to understand little but still confused about how it works.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jaz2
Sep 2, 2004
Thanks!
"OldnSenile" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:32:54 GMT, "Joseph A. Zupko" wrote:

How do you use the cloning tool? I seem to understand little but still confused about how it works.
Joseph,

Are you aware that there is an "Aligned" checkbox on the Option bar above the work area, when using the clone tool? When "Aligned" is checked, the selected reference point (alt/left-click) retains the same relative position (distance and angle) to the mouse cursor, and also moves with the cursor if the mouse click is held and the cursor dragged.

When "Aligned" is unchecked, the reference point stays the same even if the mouse is moved between clicks. However, if the mouse is left-clicked and the click is held and dragged, then the reference point moves with a fixed relative position to the mouse cursor (from that new spot) in the same manner as when "Aligned" is checked.
In the Elements "Help" file, there is a brief discussion on "Using the clone stamp tool".

Also, the following info may help you to get a better response to your requests for assistance. As I understand it:

1) There are two different "arenas":
the Adobe Forum, and the Newsgroup (adobe.photoshop.elements).
2) Posts to the Adobe Forum, are seen in both the Forum and the Newsgroup.

3) Posts to the Newsgroup are seen only in the newsgroup.
Note that most of the (very helpful) "regulars" read only the Forum posts, and therefore do not see your posts to the newsgroup.
4) You must register (free), and establish a username and password, in order to post on the Adobe Forum. (In the newsgroup, you can Identify Forum posters by the "@adobeforums.com" following their username (most of the time).

5) You can access the Forum (after registration), either by web browser (www.adobeforums.com), or with a news reader through the news server "adobeforums.com"

6) If you use a different news server (e.g. your ISP), you can read all posts, but your posts will not be seen in the Forum.
If you use the Forum browser or the Forum news server, your posts will be seen by all, but you will not see the non-Forum posts.
I hope this helps you and potentially others who I am sure have experienced this confusion.

OldnSenile

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections