OM
Posted By
Owen_Madden
Aug 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I cannot open a TIFF file- error message indicates that it has an ‘unsupported color space’. I am a newbie at this and have only just attempted to use this feature. However, if a picture is saved as a JPEG file I do not have any problems opening the file.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nancy_S
Aug 24, 2004
Owen,

What OS are you using and where did this file come from?

edit—
What color setting do you have PSE set at; Full, Limited or None?
CB
Chad_Bennett
Aug 24, 2004
Owen,

The TIFF file may be in the CMYK color space. Does the message include an option to convert it to RGB? If so, choose it because PSE doesn’t support CMYK.

To try and confirm the color space of the TIFF file right-click on it in Windows Explorer (Windows 2000 or XP) and choose Properties from the context menu. Click on the Summary tab and locate the Color Representation property in the list. The property value will be something like: CMYK Color Scheme or True Color RGB, etc.

Do you have more information about the source of the TIFF? What program created it, etc.?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections