Posted By
Mark_Redley
Jun 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello Everyone

I have Photoshop CS3 at work and i am having some problems. I have downloaded some brushed and put them in the brush folder. When i start CS3 and try to load my new brush it wont show the set. But if i look in the folder from windows its there. Its just photoshop just not see the brushes. Can anyone help with this, thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 13, 2007
Did you load the brush set?
MR
Mark_Redley
Jun 13, 2007
Thanks for the reply. He is what i do, start cs3 open the image that i need the work on. Then click on the brush tool on the left, then i click on the brush in the top left of the toolbar and then click on the little arrow that brings up the load brush menu. But when i click on the load brushes there is no brushes. I have made sure that they are in the correct folder but for some reason cs3 just wont see the brushes.

Thanks for your reply Michael.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 13, 2007
It sounds like you may have put your brush files into the wrong folder, somehow. All .abr files that are in the correct folder will show up at the bottom of the brush menu. On the other hand, you may have tool presets, or .tpl files. These show up in the preset manager.

The only reason the file for brushes is important is to ensure they show up at the bottom of the brush file list, which eliminates the need to click on the triangle and load the file from whereever. And you still can load brush sets that you haven’t moved to the sacred folder; the only downside is they aren’t on the dropdown list and you will have to load them from wherever they reside.

If you aren’t able to figure out where you put these files, use Windows Search to find them (look for files named *.abr) and then move them where they should be.
MR
Mark_Redley
Jun 13, 2007
Thanks again for your help Michael, it’s very much appreciated.

I can see them now, I don’t have to load them like in CS2 but they are put in the menu automatically lol lol. Thanks again Michael for all your help.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 14, 2007
Glad to help!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections