JF
Posted By
Jim_Felder
Jun 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Needing to create an action to open over 100,000 jpeg images, add some layers then save as a Photoshop file. The layers need to be named the file name and then a suffix. Can this be done without scripting? Wanting to create this action then use Photoshop’s Batch. Is there a way to have the action enter the file name then the suffix during the action. We’re trying to prevent any manual typing. With this amount of images it needs to run automatically. I have used the batch for some of my actions several times. I just need to figure out a way to name the layers. Each file has a specific name.

Thank You.
Jim

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 12, 2007
I think a script will probably be necessary.
JF
Jim_Felder
Jun 12, 2007
I was afraid of that. So what kind of scripting are we talking? I don’t know any scripting but may be able to learn it enough to do this. Is the scripting something that we will have to purchase or is something built into Windows XP Pro? Javasript, Visual Basic like in Word or something else?

So can Photoshop work simultaneously with the scripting?

Thank you for your input.
Jim
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 12, 2007
Photoshop can be scripted and there’s a Scripting Forum here: <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bbf2765>
Aside from that it is beyond my expertise. Someone over there might be able to help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections