K
Posted By
kandiapples
Jun 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been having issues for the last while on printing a photoshop cs file (either psd or pdf) to my desktop printer. It only has started recently. On print preview it looks perfect, the color management is correct and setting seem to be correct, but when I go to print from photoshop cs the image comes out with a yellow hue. This only happens with photoshop cs. I’ve printed from other programs (image ready, quark, indesign, etc) and all are fine.

I know Im missing something here but Im having a heck of a time trying to figure it out. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DG
Dana_Gartenlaub
Jun 13, 2007
Check for alpha channels; I found that if I import an image into iView Pro 3 with an alpha channel, I get a yellow mess.

This may or may not be relevant, but it’s something to check.
CA
C_AM
Jun 14, 2007
Check to see what colors you’re using. Image/Mode/???? RBG is the default Photoshop uses, but it isn’t what you should be using to print on a desktop inkjet printer or commercial printer. RGB is for Web display. You need to be in CMYK color mode.
FN
Fred_Nirque
Jun 14, 2007
That is totally wrong.

Desktop inkjet printers print from RGB files. If you send a CMYK file, the printer will convert it to RGB before printing. In the process the colour you think you’re going to get may well be hosed.
P
povimage
Jun 14, 2007
Exactly correct Fred. You don’t want to send CMYK to an RGB driver. That’s at least one extra conversion, and probably two. Either way, it’s too many chances for a complete mess..

Keith
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 14, 2007
A lot of people see C,Y, M and K cartridges in their printer and think, logically but wrongly, that they need to send CMYK images to print.

Just amplifying the previous 2 posts.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections