DG
Posted By
David_Garrett
Mar 4, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been using Picture Package for cranking out the occasional small print set on 8.5X11 paper for quite awhile now.

Suddenly the only format available is 2 5X7’s. No 3.5X5’s, etc.

Early ’08 MBP, 10.5.6, PS 11.0.1

I think this started with 10.5.6 and PS 11.

Any insight appreciated.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Mar 4, 2009
Picture Package is not installed by default anymore.

<http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2008/10/where_did_extra.html>

Extract:

* Picture Package, Contact Sheet, Web Photo Gallery, and PDF Presentation have been replaced by the new Output module in Bridge CS4. Of these the first three are in the optional download package, while PDF Presentation no longer works in CS4.
DG
David_Garrett
Mar 4, 2009
Akk. My brain just exploded.
DG
David_Garrett
Mar 4, 2009
So what exactly does this mean?

where do I go for Picture Package?

I poked around in bridge and got nowhere.

One step forward…ten steps back.

Looks like back to Imagebuddy.
R
Ram
Mar 4, 2009
As stated in #1, Picture Package is no longer installed, not in Photoshop and not in Bridge.

Bridge now contains an OUTPUT module that may give you comparable functionality to the old Picture Package, but nothing under that name.

If you want to use the old Picture Package, Adobe makes it available to you in the optional plug-ins package. Yo have to go find it on the main Adobe downloads page, download it, install it correctly and restart Photoshop, then it will appear where you always found it before.

Report back if you can’t find it.
R
Ram
Mar 4, 2009
DG
David_Garrett
Mar 4, 2009
Thanks Ramon. Downloading it now.

I had forgotten all about that and had already gone through the song and dance after upgrading to 4.

So it seems the 11.0.1 update messed something up, as now it won’t access the plugin.

I do remember trying the Bridge Output Module, but wasn’t happy with the results for a reason that now escapes me. I’ll give it another go and see if things have improved.

Cheers

Stop press…

There is no plugin for Picture Package in that download. Under Automate in the Optional Plug-ins folder there is only ContactsheetII, PhotomergeUI, and WebcontactsheetII. Nor is it in any of the other folders. Looks like I’ll have to do some more poking around on the PS site…oh joy.

So if I can’t get the Bridge thing figured out, guess I’m TSOL.

I just checked my entire system, and the PP plugin I had installed after the CS4 upgrade is awol. One sep forward, ten steps back.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 4, 2009
Which version of MacOSX are you using?

PP still works after the installation of 11.0.1 when run on Tiger 10.4.11.

Have you tried rebooting your computer since you re-installed the Plug-ins?
R
Ram
Mar 5, 2009
David,

There is no plugin for Picture Package in that download. Under Automate in the Optional Plug-ins folder there is only ContactsheetII,

That’s the one you want, Contact Sheet II. It’s mentioned in the link I gave you earlier in post #1. It will give you Picture Package too.

<http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2008/10/where_did_extra.html>
R
Ram
Mar 5, 2009
I’m not surprised you have to re-install the plug-in after the update.
SG
steve_guilhamet
Mar 5, 2009
David,

Don’t forget the Layout presets, too.

If you would like to continue using the legacy ContactSheetII and/or Picture Package plug-ins, please follow these steps:

1. drop the //<language>/Goodies/Optional Plug-
Ins/Automate/ContactSheetII plug-in into the //Adobe Photoshop CS4/Plug-ins/Automate folder (this is for both Contact Sheet and Picture Package).
2. drop the //<language>/Goodies/Presets/Layouts
folder into the //Adobe Photoshop CS4/Presets folder and restart Photoshop.
DG
David_Garrett
Mar 8, 2009
Thanks Steve, and everyone else.

The Layouts folder was the crux of the biscuit. All the layouts now show up in PP. I’ve saved a copy of the folder in the CS4 folder, just in case…

Cheers

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections