NC
Posted By
Nick_Cherry
Jun 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I click the text tool icon, regardless of what file is open (if any at all), Photoshop crashes. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 11, 2007
any font in particular or all fonts?

tried resetting the prefrences per the faq?
NC
Nick_Cherry
Jun 11, 2007
It seems to be for all fonts. As soon as I click the text tool button, I get an hourglass and nothing else loads, so I can’t actually see what font it’s trying to use. And yes, I tried the Ctrl + Alt + Shift thing to reset the preferences at startup, still to no avail.

I had installed a new downloaded font within the past two days or so, but I can’t say for sure if the problem started before or after this. I tried to remove it, but I have many fonts saved and organizing by data modified doesn’t seem to work very well as far as isolating the new font. Also, every other program in CS3 works fine, though.
NC
Nick_Cherry
Jun 11, 2007
Well, I think I’ve found the font I was talking about. I deleted it, restarted, and now when I click the text tool the first time, it acts like it may freeze any moment, but in a few seconds it goes back to functioning fine, and then continues to work as normal for the rest of the session. It seems to only have problems the first time I use the tool.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections